Featured Post

Stevenson on drugs

Stevenson High school has a heroin problem. I am very surprised by this because I feel like a school that is this close and this similar to ...

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Did Christmas Come too Early This Year?

I don't know if I'm the only one who noticed this, but Christmas came to early this year. Grocery stores all around the Northshore had their holiday decoration up even before Thanksgiving. In my opinion grocery stores should advertise Thanksgiving before Christmas, the food is the most important part of Thanksgiving. I saw lights up around town before Thanksgiving as well. 93.9 always starts their holiday celebration prematurely, Christmas music is being played the second November 1st hits the clock. By the time December rolls around I'm tired of hearing the songs because my mom insists on playing Christmas music whenever we are in the car. No need to sound like the scrooge here but I think everyone can only listen to Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
a certain amount of times before losing it.

Don't get me wrong I love Christmas, it is such a happy time of the year around here, but sometimes it can be much. Some of the positives of early Christmas is it gives you something to look forward to, even if it is pretty far away. It also makes a really pretty scene with the lights and trees. My favorite part about Christmas is going downtown and seeing all the lights and going ice skating. What is your favorite part of the holiday season?

3 comments:

  1. I agree that Christmas is advertised everywhere way too early. It will be the end of October and I'll see fake Christmas trees. I feel like by the time that the holiday actually rolls around, I've lost my excitment for celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You couldn't be more right about the timing of all the Christmas decorations. I was haggled into going to Target a few weeks ago, and to my amazement I was greeted with all sorts of festive lights and decorations. In order for the true Christmass spirit to live on in all of our souls, we must delay the onslaught of Christmass decorations.

    ReplyDelete